EVENTS

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

WEBMAIL

EMAIL

Facebook Like Box

eu logok

 Tamașfalău (Székelytamásfalva) was first mentioned in the register of the Szeklers of military age from Orbaiszék in 1591. In the 16th-17th centuries the settlement had several important owners such as the Tamásfalvi, Szentkirályi, Thúri and Czerjék families.
 The Thúry family’s mansion is one of the biggest classicist style buildings of the Trei Scaune (Háromszék) region. Most probably it was built around 1810. The mansion was built on a slight slope, it has a stretched rectangular ground-plan and a two-storied roof. The main front is divided by classicist decorative elements: the centre stairs are decorated by balustrades, Doric half-columns, pilasters and a triangular tympanum.  The back façade is decorated with a wooden porch, which lies on a series of arches.
 In 1949 the mansion and the 100 hectare area were taken into public ownership from Bányai Sándor and Miklós. In 1973 the mansion was transformed into the local community centre.  After the change of regime the heiress of Bányai Mikós, Damokos Erzsébet claimed it back. The self-government of Zăbala bought the building from her, and nowadays it functions as the community centre of the inhabitants of Tamașfalău.
In the centre of the village there is a hewn monument, representing a Turul bird, in honour of the fallen heroes of the 1848 Hungarian War of Independence.

2020. September 26. Saturday
Jusztina, Pál
Sunrise at 06:42,
Sunset at 18:41.

Tomorrow will be
Adalbert
name-day