The name of Mărcușa (Kézdimárkosfalva) was made known by the famous painter Barabás Miklós (1810-1898). He was the most remarkable representative of the Hungarian biedermeier painting. He was a corresponding member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
The present Calvinist church and parsonage stands where the old medieval church of the village used to be. The new church was built in 1875.